Last modified on June 30th 2021
3. Transparency / Notice - Types of Personal Information we collect and How we use it
The types of personal information we may collect and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with WhiteHub and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that WhiteHub may collect personal information include:
- You may provide personal information directly to WhiteHub through interacting with WhiteHub, participating in surveys, during events such as sweepstakes, and requesting Services, or information.
- As you navigate our Websites, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of processing. Below are the ways we collect personal information and how we use it.
3.1 Types of Personal Information we collect
WhiteHub collects personal information regarding its current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, and guests (collectively “Individuals”).
Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use our Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with WhiteHub, responding to surveys, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:Information Submitted Via Services. You agree that WhiteHub is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. WhiteHub will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so or it is otherwise necessary as part of our Services, such as to facilitate payment to you as a researcher; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access or use our Services through a third-party application, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that is public via your privacy settings or is otherwise available. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to WhiteHub and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
3.2 How WhiteHub uses your Information
We acquire, hold, use, and process personal information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. WhiteHub may use information about you to provide Services and fulfill requests for products or information, including to:Administrative Purposes. WhiteHub may use personal information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:Marketing WhiteHub Products and Services. WhiteHub may use personal information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. WhiteHub may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 5 below
- Research and Development. WhiteHub may use personal information alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services.
- Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with personal information, or whose personal information we obtain from third parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on WhiteHub’s or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions in Section 5 below.
- De-Identified and Aggregated Information Use. WhiteHub may use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access WhiteHub’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of WhiteHub. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not personal information, and WhiteHub may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within WhiteHub and with third parties for our or their purposes in an de-identified and/or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. WhiteHub’s Services may offer various tools and functionalities to share content. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by WhiteHub or any other third parties for any other purpose.
- Other Uses. WhiteHub may use personal information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as network and information security, direct marketing, disclosure to affiliated organizations, research (including marketing research), fraud prevention, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
Uses of Automatic Collection Technologies. Our use of the Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our Services, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
3.3 Third-party Websites and Social Media Platforms
The Services may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and WhiteHub does not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
WhiteHub’s Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. Our Websites may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
3.4 Third-party Payment Processing
If you use our Services to make, receive or facilitate payments in connection with the Services, we and Third-Party applications may collect certain financial information from you to process transactions, including your name, email address, address, financial account information and other billing information.
4. Onward Transfer - WhiteHub may disclose your Information
4.1 Information we share
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of our Services. WhiteHub has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing personal information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. WhiteHub may share personal information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. WhiteHub may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with WhiteHub. WhiteHub requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of personal information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which WhiteHub provided them.
- Content Visible to Others. When you create a Profile or post content to our Websites, this information may be displayed to others. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and third party Marketing. Through our Services, WhiteHub may allow third-party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected personal information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-WhiteHub related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.” We may allow access to other data collected by WhiteHub to facilitate transmission of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your personal information with third-party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 5 below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce WhiteHub policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to WhiteHub; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on our Websites. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
4.2 International Data Transfers
All personal information collected via or by WhiteHub may be transferred, Processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers in order to provide our Services. Your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. Where required by law, international transfers of personal information will be supported by an adequacy mechanism. In the case of transfers of data out of Europe, we rely on Standard Contractual Clauses under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and endeavor to utilize third-party service providers that provide adequate protections that are compliant with the GDPR such as implementing Standard Contractual Clauses or Binding Corporate Rules.
5. Your choices
You may have the right to object to and opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information. Where you have consented to WhiteHub’s processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further processing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.2 Email and Telephone communications
5.3 “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
5.4 Cookies and Interest-based advertising
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions here: https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these websites and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
6. Your Privacy Rights
Right to Access – You have the right to obtain information about the processing activities of a data controller and the personal data of yours that they are processing.
Right to Rectification – The right to rectification concerns the ability to correct any inaccurate data concerning the data subject.
Right to Erasure – This is also known as the right to be forgotten, and gives you the right to request deletion of your personal data held by the controller.
Right to Restrict Processing – Right to restrict processing where data is inaccurate or use is unlawful or no longer needed.
Right to Portability – You have the right to receive requested personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format.
We do not “sell” your personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) restrict our uses of your personal information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed personal information; (vi) withdraw your consent and (vii) request erasure of personal information held about you by us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
To protect your privacy, WhiteHub will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
7. Data Retention
8. Security of your Information
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Websites or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
9. Children's Privacy
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age, and WhiteHub does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
10. Contact Us
11. Other Rights and Important Informations
- New Uses of personal information. Additionally, before we use personal information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out. Where consent of the Individual for the processing of personal information is otherwise required by law or contract, WhiteHub will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.